Saturday, September 27, 2008

Captain's Log ...

Stardate -314262.5512295083

On this historic night, TJ has completed and turned in her dissertation entitled, "Spatially Explicit Multiple Objective Decision Support for Rural Watersheds".

I owe a big thanks to PJ because he has been so supportive the past few weeks by cooking meals; grocery shopping; cleaning around the house; walking the dogs; listening to me complain about how sitting all day and furiously typing was making me ache all over; making me laugh when I really wanted to cry or be angry at: a) my advisor, b) Bill Gates, c) existence, d) myself, e) cars daring to drive down the street making too much noise and ruining my fragile concentration (I know who you are...), or f) all of the above; and he even watched Out of Africa with me one night. I am truly blessed.

They came to sit & dangle their feet off the edge of the world & after awhile they forgot everything but the good & true things they would do someday.

That is all. I have written a lot today (seriously ... you have no idea), so PJ says there ain't no need to write no mo'! But, he says if I want, I can go streak down 3rd St. I think I'll just settle in for the evening instead.

Stayed tuned for the next exciting installment: TJ's Ph.D defense, 2:00 P.M., Friday, 10 October, 2008.

2 comments:

paraguay said...

Congratulations Tracy!!
I'll be thinking of you on 10/10. Best of luck to you!!!
xoxo,
db

Anastácio Soberbo said...

Hello, I like this blog.
Sorry not write more, but my English is not good.
A hug from Portugal